How to do the Trick
- Throw a hard sleeper.
- Hold your throwhand out in front of your body, fingers spread, facing away from you.
- Tilt your throwhand forward, bring your thumb away from your body, behind the string, touch the string with the top of your thumb and then tilt your hand back to normal, the string will now be draped over your thumb.
- Tilt your throwhand forward again, bring your ring finger around the front of the string, curl your finger around the string, and then lift your hand back up to normal the string will now be draped over your ring finger and thumb.
- Tilt your throwhand as before, this time bring your index finger down, behind the string, rest the string on top of your index finger, and bring your hand back to normal, allowing the string to be draped over your index finger, ring finger, and thumb. At this point you’re halfway through the star.
- Tilt your throwhand forward, bring your pinky finger around, in front of the string, curl your pinky finger around the string and then bring your hand back up to normal. You will now have the string wrapped around your pinky finger, index finger, ring finger, and thumb.
- At this point all you have to do is bring your middle finger down, underneath the string hanging from your pinky, and then lift your hand back up, draping the string over your middle finger. This will complete the star.
- To get out of the star and catch the yo-yo tilt your hand forward, fingers towards the ground and close your finger a little, allowing all the string to fall from them. If you are using a responsive yo-yo this will cause the yo-yo to return to your hand. If your yo-yo drops down into the Sleeper simply tug on the string and it will return to your hand.