I created this course to help my friends and followers create their own YouTube following of engaged and dedicated fans. Fans who are excitedly awaiting your next video upload. Fans who race a make the first comment. Fans who share your videos because they’re so excited to see your content that they need their friends to watch it too!
I’ve been working on building my YouTube audience since 2009. I’ve been making content for an internet audience since 2004 when i picked up my first yo-yo. Because I was isolated from my fellow enthusiasts by miles and hours of distance i had to resort to the internet to find others who shared my interests. Back then you either had forums or MySpace to use to meet the other people who liked the things you liked.
YouTube hadn’t been created yet so most of the videos about my hobby were confined to either physical media like VHS tapes and DVDs or very short and low quality video clips uploaded to the many hobby forums and personal websites the occasional technologically inclined yo-yoer would toss up on the internet.
Most of these old sites that were around back then have long since faded away. A small portion of them survived by becoming online stores. Until YouTube and Facebook came along the average individual was at the mercy of those website creators to meet others from our hobby to get their videos into the eyes of the public. For the most part these websites were ran by individuals and small groups of people. Because of bandwidth costs if a website got too much traffic before monetizing it would implode and the users had to find another site to call home.
Then YouTube came around. A lot of us watched it warily. We needed a place to put our videos but streaming video online was kind of… lacking to say the least. Most videos were blurry, the audio was off by a couple seconds and people had to have a YouTube account to engage with your content. It was a rough start but we all watched the site.
With high speed internet becoming more common and Google acquiring YouTube and letting you use your Google account to participate in the comments of YouTube videos and also build your own channel, as well as not having to buy a domain and hosting, suddenly anyone could share their content. There was no longer a gate keeper keeping your videos in the dark. If your video was good and people enjoyed it then it would spread.
You have to do some of the starting work yourself before you will get a decent following of fans to spread your content for you, but its easy and fun to do. The only thing that really seems to hold back new YouTuber’s from a good successful growth to their YouTube channels is that they don’t yet know what they have to do to get viewers. After that if they get a subscriber it’s even crazier.
I remember a few years ago I was putting out a video blog every single weekday. I did it for about a year and most of those videos never got more than 20 views. While making the videos I barely got any subscribers. And when i did they rarely stuck around for my next video. There were a lot of problems with that first run of videos but there was also a lot of interesting and obvious things that I’ve learned from the experience that i am would like to save you the trouble of learning the hard way.
About a year ago I started to figure it out, I realized a lot of things during that time and leading up to that time that contributed to the sudden rapid growth of my YouTube channel. Namely I began to focus on creating higher quality content than I used to. That doesn’t mean that I was suddenly making movie quality videos, what it meant was that I was always making improvements to my videos. In one video I would learn a technique for zooming in on my footage in post and suddenly i didn’t have to film the same shots twice to give my audience a close up, i just needed to make a few clicks and out of nowhere i had cut down my filming time by half.
Most of what I learned I will be covering in the lessons I’ve set up for this course. I will do my best to stay on point and only teach you what I believe is a necessity for growth like i experienced but i may throw the occasional tip in here or there. Mainly i want you to be aware that most of this will work for everyone who takes this course. But some of it will work best for those who have a YouTube channel about a hobby. Other tips may be geared more towards the small business owner. And a portion will mostly help the vlogger. There is a little bit for everyone and this is what has been working well for me!
Here are a few things you are going to learn in this course:
- You will learn how to get viewers
- You will learn how to make videos that attract traffic with minimal promotion on your part.
- You will learn how to take your audience from being just random viewers to being enthusiastic subscribers.
- You will learn techniques for getting your subscribers to come back, to share your videos for you and turn them into friends as well as raving fans.
- You will learn how to direct your audience to other platforms to increase their engagement and build their enthusiasm.
What are the requirements?
- You will need to already have your YouTube channel setup.
- You will need to have one or two topics that your channel will be focusing on. Any more and you will hinder your growth.
- You must be willing to apply what you learn in the course to your channel or it won’t matter how much time you invest in digesting the course, it won’t matter if you don’t apply what you’ve learned.
- You will need to know how to film and edit your own videos. While I may have suggestions for improvement or strategies for converting your viewers into subscribers, I won’t be able to teach you how to edit your content. That is your responsibility, my responsibility is to teach you how to get that content into the grasp of your coveted audience.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 8 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- By the end of this course your YouTube channel will be gathering viewers and converting them to subscribers on autopilot!
- You will understand how to make videos the attract viewers organically!
- You will know where to go to find your first viewers!
- You will have a list of ever growing video ideas!
What is the target audience?
- This course is meant for YouTubers who are just starting out or for those who have been on YouTube for a while but haven’t been seeing any consistent success in their efforts to grow their channel. This course will give you a direction and a blueprint for building your subscriber base in a predictable way that will take you from 10 subscribers consisting of merely friends and family to having a fan base so large that you’ll have trouble keeping up with the demand for new content!
- This course is not for those who are looking for an easy button. This course is like any other course that will make you successful, it will give you a direction but it will not do the work for you. If you want to have legitimate success with your channel it will require that you buckle down and get your content out. If you already have an established channel and are making more than 50 new subscribers a month regularly this course will not be very beneficial to you, that being said, if you are stuck in a rut and your subscriber count has leveled off, there is a great chance that this course will aid you in finding your direction again and will help to provide you with an action plan to allow for consistent results.